Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back to Basics Article

During the process of re-designing the Family Vision logo, I have researched many aspects of the design as well as the company's intended identity. Through research, my ability to choose a specified audience became easier. My target audience can be described as parents seeking a safe, caring environment with trustworthy optometrists for their family's eye care. I created a logo that portrays Family Vision as a company with a comfortable atmosphere for families who want to be healthy!

After viewing the client's website and their logo, I decided what I wanted to convey about the company. On Family Vision's website it states, "If you're looking for quality care with a person touch, we hope you'll give us a call". This statement stuck with me throughout the process of re-designing and I wanted to create something family-oriented, soft, and homelike. I took into consideration the colors on the website, and incorporated the light greens and yellows into the newly designed logo. I believe these colors represent balance, harmony, and stability, which in turn will allow the customers to be at ease while at this clinic.

The client's mission is to provide quality care to families while creating trustworthy relationships with their staff and customers. The new logo promises an experience of relaxation and ease for the customers holding busy, hectic lives. Overall, I am confident that the new logo holds true to the company's promise. It is simple and clean while promising a safe, caring environment for their customer's eye care.

No comments: